L’ articolo è scritto in inglese, ma la procedura manuale per aumentare le licenze terminal server in Windows XP, si capisce benissimo. Questa procedura abilita due o più sessioni contemporanee di desktop remoto RDP su windows xp.
Chi vuole la versione comoda, può collegarsi qui: enable two or more concurrent remote desktop sessions in Windows XP PRO Service Pack 2 (SP2)
If you have ever used a real remote computer system, then you have probably been craving multiple Remote Desktop sessions since you first fired up Windows XP Professional and/or Media Center Edition. Here is a HACK (translated: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK), to enable multiple Remote Desktop sessions on your XP Pro or MCE 2005 box:
NOTE: You will have to have knowledge of the Windows operating system and more specifically the Windows Registry. If you have no experience with the registry, then I would recommend you find someone who does or leave these alone. I do not make any kind of warranty that this will work for you or your friends. This is provided for entertainment purposes only. Don’t call me if your computer stops working. Got it?
- Print these directions so that you have them to work from.
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode – Follow this link to learn how to restart Windows XP in Safe Mode
- Turn off/disable Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) and
- Right click My Computer
- Select Properties
- Click on the Remote tab at the top of the window
- UNCHECK the box next to, “Allow users to connect remotely to this computer“
- Click OK
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
- Find Terminal Services in the list
- Right click on Terminal Services and click Properties
- In the Startup Type box, select Disabled
- Click OK to close the window
- Here is a copy of the Terminal Services DLL – Save it to your Desktop or other suitable location
- Using a file manager like Windows Explorer open
- Rename the file termsrv.dll to termsrv_dll.bak or whatever you would like.
- Copy the downloaded termsrv.dll file (the one you just downloaded from the web) to
- Open the C:\Windows\system32 folder
- Delete the file termsrv.dll in C:\Windows\system32
You should be good to go.